Durango Salsa Festival is a fundraiser for non-profit organizations that advance multiculturalism and serve Durango's Latino/Hispanic community. [read more...]
Expect a fun-filled, one-day event featuring salsa music and dance, chips (from Chip Peddler) and salsa and other great food, vendor booths, demonstrations and mini-workshops, and a special area for kids to create and have their own fun.
When & Where:
Saturday, September 17
11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
on 9th Street between 3rd and 4th Avenues and inside St. Mark's Episcopal Church
$5 at the gate. Kids 12 and under FREE!
4:00 p.m. to ??:
Moe's Starlight Lounge,
937 Main Ave.
$5 donation requested
at the door
The festival is hosted by
3rd Ave. Arts,
a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and
St. Mark's Episcopal Church.
Support the Festival
Your tax-deductible donation to the Durango Salsa Festival will go to support the philanthropic work of the festival. Please make checks payable to 3rd Ave. Arts and note "Salsa Festival." To donate online, click the "Donate" button below to make a donation via PayPal. Thank you for your support.
|Please Sign up for Email Updates
Durango's Second Annual Festival
Celebrating All Things Salsa!
Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 17, 2011. The festival is scheduled during the Durango Showcase of the Arts (September 9–25), which has been designed to attract visitors to Durango from outside the Four Corners area.
Adults pay $5 at the gate to enjoy the festivities; kids 12 and under are FREE!
The festival will feature
- A salsa-making contest with professional and amateur divisions and three categories each: red, green, and artisan.
- A jalapeño-eating contest
- Dance events, hosted by Suzy DiSanto
- Music by The Durango Orquesta de Salsa
- Vendor booths
We need you! Be a part of Durango's HOTTEST festival!
- Sponsors. We are seeking media sponsors, financial and in-kind donors. Your name or company logo will be featured prominently on event posters, schedules, T-shirts, signage and on our website, DurangoSalsaFestival.com.
- Vendors. We are seeking a variety of vendors: arts and crafts, food, commercial salsa, etc. Space is limited, so please contact us early!
- Salsa Makers. Strut your salsa for the world to taste. Compete for prizes! Show off your salsa creation, whether traditional, tomatillo, fruit or artisan.
For details, please e-mail C. Scott Hagler, Festival Director,
or call him at (970) 247-1129 ext. 14.